You've all heard about Michael Schwass before, here and in the HMHC newsletter. Now, his good friend, Laura, is creating a network, and sometimes a program with prizes, to make it fun and easy to help out with a donation.
You may imagine that you know what it takes to keep a quadraplegic in cornflakes and gasoline, but unless you've experienced it you truly don't know. There are some amazing stories here that will open your eyes; about living with quadraplegia, and also about conscious living & dying.
This is far from a “give us money” plea (Michael doesn’t even qualify for Social Security Disability - damn him for being too productive!) - Laura is offering quite a bit of value to people who can help.
Here’s what she’s asking for and offering:
- Donate right now at Laura's Tip Jar to make an immediate donation. This is a link to PayPal; it will appear that you're donating to Laura at No Safe Distance, but All proceeds go directly to Michael.
- Buy something from her beautiful All Is Well Collection of fine art prints and cards at the NoSafeDistance Gallery. All proceeds go to Michael.
- Purchase a copy of All is Well, a book of Laura’s contemplative photography. She originally created it for Michael as a birthday gift, and all the proceeds from it will go to him.
- Sign up for her newsletter (top right corner of No Safe Distance) for exclusive offers and additional savings to give you back even more from any purchases you make. She’s also asking that if you already subscribe, that you forward it to others to help get the word out. -and for some of the best life lessons you will ever learn
- You can also make a donation, and you’ll get the joy of giving! Laura will cover any processing costs, so that 100% of your donation goes to Michael.
- Purchase Michael’s autobiography, Don’t Blame the Game.
- Help spread the word… Digg, Stumble, Blog, or email your friends. Even if you can’t do anything financially, maybe someone you pass this on to can.
- Purchase something from Laura's Gallery at Zazzle.
- Join the Rishi Network: just contact Laura and she'll get you details and a button for your own blog. Email her at Laura *AT* nosafedistance *DOT* com (you know how to type it)
...So your heart will feel warm...to attract great Karma...to touch another life...because you can...
Why you should NOT donate:
- because Michael is my friend or Laura's.
- because you feel sorry for him (there's no "feeling sorry for" in hockey!).
- because you feel guilty
Don't play because you feel obligated to support some kind of charity at this time of year when we are asked to give thanks for having so much (and we still do, even in these tough times.)
Play because he's a rock star and a whole lot more accessible than Lance Armstrong.